What do I need to verify my identity?
You will need to take a picture of a valid Emirates ID and a picture of your face (selfie).
How do I verify my identity on Balance?
- When prompted to verify your identity, tap “Start”. You may also complete this action by tapping on “Complete your identity verification” on the Home screen.
- Scan your Emirates ID: Place your Emirates ID on a flat surface and use your camera to scan the card.
- Once the scan is successful, tap “Next”.
Please make sure:
- You have taken a clear image of the front and back of your Emirates ID.
- Your Emirates ID is valid and not expired.
- Take a selfie. Hold your phone up to your face to capture a selfie. This is to ensure the Emirates ID scanned is the same person creating the account.
You may not use a picture of an image for this step. Once all steps are complete, you will be able to see the status of your identity verification on your Balance Home screen.
To ensure a smooth process, here are some tips:
- Take a clear picture of the front and back of your valid identity document, ensuring every detail is readable.
- Do not use flash.
- Align your face to the frame provided and make sure you are the same person represented in the ID.
In order to successfully verify your identity, you will need:
Only an Emirates ID
- Camera access enabled for Balance in your device settings.
- Emirates ID information clearly visible in the pictures. No blurriness, glare, or direct light on the card. Remember to place your Emirates ID on a flat surface while scanning.
can be used to create an account on Balance.